What Type of Traveller Are You?
When it comes to travel, do you follow trends? Or do you seek out undiscovered destinations and unique adventures? With so many places to go and things to see in the world, there are numerous types of travellers who have their own version of what makes a trip fun.
Let’s take a look at five different traveller types and see where you land among the options.
Creature of Habit
Some people end up enjoying a single experience so much they want to do it again and again. These individuals like to know what to expect and have a good idea of how to get around their travel destination. You’re likely a creature of habit if you visit the same locations often and enjoying activities such as the following:
- Family reunions or vacations to the same general area around the same time each year.
- Falling in love with a culture for its food, people, weather, or all of the above.
- The familiarity of traveling to an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean offers experiences you already know you’ll love, leaving out the possibility to be disappointed.
Tryer of New Things
On the other hand, you may be the adventurous type that gets bored of repetition. From exotic cuisines to faraway destinations, you’re never content with seeing the same place twice. This traveller type would most likely enjoy trips that include things like:
- Sleeping outside under the stars at the Lions Game Reserve in South Africa
- Learning how to cook a new cuisine while visiting Thailand
- Checking out the local nightlife while on vacation in a new destination
Seeker of Thrills
Are you always up for an adrenaline rush? As this type of traveller, you always find yourself fully prepared to go bungee jumping, skydiving, hang gliding, or on a fun ride. Thrill seekers are looking for the next big thing to get their heart pumping such as:
- Base jumping or cliff diving off nearby mountains.
- Trying the fastest, tallest, and craziest roller coasters at a theme park.
- White water rafting down a river of rapids with a group of friends or maybe even a bunch of strangers in Costa Rica
Learner of History
You may fall into this traveller category if you live by Marcus Garvey’s famous words: “A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin, and culture is like a tree without roots.” If you fancy yourself a history buff, then your dream vacation likely includes:
- Visiting history museums that teach about the origins of the local area.
- Traveling to landmarks which have had a significant impact on the history of a country.
- Going to the capital of a state or country to learn more about the culture and climate.
Follower of Trends
These folks are all about going to visit the most popular attractions and landmarks around the world. They love going on guided tours, visiting highly recommended places, and staying in top-rated hotels. This type of traveller finds the most joy when:
- Travelling to popular places around the world like the new seven wonders of the world, including the Great Wall of China and the Roman Coliseum.
- Following trending influencers and travel companies and going to the places they post about on their newsfeeds.
- Visiting world-renowned beach destinations such as Hawaii, the Caribbean, or even Mexico and Florida.
We Schedule Vacations for All Traveller Types
Whether you’re planning a honeymoon, anniversary, or other special occasion, we are here to ensure your trip is unforgettable!